Monday, November 8, 2010

A horse’s morning

I know my blog has been missing some creativity lately and it will return shortly.  I can almost show you all that we have been into : )

In the morning the horses walk down to the bus stop with us.  Storm gives a sad look and Roo runs over and rubs his head.  They then stand there and wait with us.

As soon as the kids are on the bus and I turn to go up the hill, Storm gives me a nod, it’s my cue.  I don’t know how it started but we now have a race to the barn after the kids get on the bus.  At first the big horse wouldn’t follow but he has been having grain lately and you can really tell a change in him.  The Amish that has him on our pasture doesn’t give his horses grain…I couldn’t take it anymore so he now gets grain too. 

He now runs with us, sometimes they get prissy and prance down, sometimes they rear up their front legs before taking off, and sometimes they nit pick at one another like brothers.

One of these mornings I’ll remember to take the camera with me and maybe catch them running :)

PB010646 (800x576)
PB010647 (800x600)
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
PB010650 (800x532)
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
See those muscles?
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
He knows he looks good!

These were taken from my house’s window, after a cold morning run with them.  They were rolling around and I gave “my” whistle, Storm hopped up to see where I was :D

No comments: