
This is my dad's father, he just turned 89 years young this month. He does really well still lives by himself and still drives around. He is a good man, a proud man, a stubborn man, a man that loves God and his family. I have very fond memories of my grandfather and me when I was little teaching me to ride a bike, singing hymns/songs, playing games, teaching me the Charleston, and so on.
He doesn't know how to ask for help, he doesn't want anyone to feel like he is a burden (which no one ever would), and he doesn't know how to let others really help him...I think he sees this as weakness. He doesn't understand that he has done so much for all of us, took such good care of us, that we want to help him and that it is ok.
He has been having some spells lately (mini strokes they think) and yesterday had one enough to make him go to the clinic. They then informed my mom who took him on to the ER, he will have more tests run to see what the cause is.
If you don't mind please say a prayer for my grandfather, times like this really have me missing WV even more.
Thank you!

2 comments:
Prayers going up. You're fortunate to have had your grandpa around while growing up. Mine were bought gone before I was 5yo...one before I was born. I remember him but not a lot.
Thank you! My mom's dad passed when I was 2 and I have just a few random memories of him. I cherish my memories! : ) *hugs*
Post a Comment