Sunday, January 4, 2009

First post of the New Year

My first post was suppose to be of pictures from WV, but my computer is still mad at me for some reason. I have cleaned off all my pictures, defragmented, and still it doesn't want to give me very much memory. : (

So here are some pictures that I've been meaning to put up and then I'll go delete those, and then see how many I can add for the next blog post. *grumble*


First up is the block I did for KH's Amy and Sheldon, they just had their first baby on mom's birthday. All the mod's on KH did a square and then Sandy put them all together, she organized it all from the get go.

I took the teddy from this afghan and then just charted hearts below and on top of it. It was hard to get a good picture of : )

Also we have the ornaments that I made for the swap, my first ornamnets were from this book. However the cornstarch didn't go in my favor, so I had to rush and find another pattern to do. Here is a link to the pattern on Ravelry. : )


I made the Embossed Leaves


The Waving Lace


and the Diamond Lace

I had bought ornaments last year on the after Christmas sale to make these but they of course didn't fit, so we had to run out and find ornaments that would. I never did find the exact size but I think it worked out.

We did have a wonderful time in WV and have kinda gotten used to going home every month (have since June) it will be strange not going home for awhile.

As for New Year's Resolutions, sometimes I don't make them...sometimes I do...this year I thought I would again : )

1. I know usually people say go on a diet, but I decided to just make healthier eating choices. Snack with grapes, grab the water, eat breakfast, etc.

2. Make a sweater for my dad

3. Make a sweater for myself, I've only knitted kid size sweaters lol.

4. Walk more by parking at the end of the parking lot, walking to the bus stop when we can, stuff like that.

I hope you all had a wonderful New Year and may 2009 be wonderful to us all : )

2 comments:

Jackie said...

May i be the first one to comment on your First Post of the New Year.

Happy Holiday....Enjoys !!

dustinac said...

Thank you Jackie!! : )