Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Aunt Wilma's House

While in for WV, I wanted to go over to my aunt’s house and take a few pictures. I hadn’t been there for a few years and wanted to see what else she had done with the house. Both her and mom love to collect antiques and decorate with them. You feel like you are stepping back in time and it’s very neat to see. We used to go to her house on Christmas and it would be all decorated up, so pretty.


This is her Dinning Room


Dinning Room


Tea Set in Dinning Room


This is as you step out of her dinning room, the picture hanging is of my Aunt, I think she said Mike, who is a BIL on her husband side, painted it.


You then enter her music room


The ceiling of her music room


Music Room


This is in the hallway


This leads you out to her porch


This is the Library (I think it was the Dr’s office many many years ago)


From the library you can walk out onto her Peacock room (sunroom)


Peacock Room

This is the first bedroom


Bedroom-it looks like they were traveling and just stepped out of the room for a minute


This is another bedroom


Bedroom


This is the trunks in the hallway


You then enter another bedroom


Back then they all had to have their fainting couches ya know: )


You then enter the Master Bedroom


The fireplace in the master bedroom


The cabinets in her kitchen

It’s hard to pick a favorite room, they are all so pretty. In the first bedroom she asked me if I liked the photo…it looked like a little Victorian girl walking away when I realized it was Roo, she fits in perfectly there.


Another neat thing to see is all the family pictures around the rooms and takes a stroll down memory lane with her scrapbooks. Above is a photo I’ve never seen before and it’s strange to see. My grandfather decided prolly not to long after this was taking to not celebrate Christmas anymore. To see them around a family Christmas tree was odd and sweet.

3 comments:

Jenny Girl said...

This is beautiful! My mom would be awe struck if she walked around your Aunt's house. All of the pieces and rooms are just perfect.
Thanks so much for sharing!

Julie said...

what a cool house!

dustinac said...

Thank you! : )