Monday, August 2, 2010

4-H project goes to the State Fair


After Isaiah’s judging on the 19th we rec’d a phone call letting us know he could go on to the State Fair and that he had placed 2nd in the county.  They would be sending out our info packet…it didn’t come. 

This week i got a call letting me know they had messed up our address and it had come back to their office so could I run and pick it up…sure no problem. 


IMG_8990
The rest of the week was looking at the packet not the little card on top that had his name, age, addy, and category.  I figured that all should be right now.  On Wednesday night I realize it’s not…they had him in the Rockets Away-Estes project.  He placed 2nd in the Rockets Away- Bottle Rockets…so I run to their site to see who is going to the fair in his correct category.  The boy who placed 3rd.  

On Thursday morning I called Isaiah’s advisor who told me to call the ext. office as soon as it opens and they will prolly bump the boy who came in 3rd place.  I felt bad, I mean I knew how Isaiah felt and I didn’t want another boy to feel like that just so Isaiah could go to the fair.  I called and explained what had happened and my concerns…they called me back to make sure I was correct on the mistake…they called back to let me know yes I was correct on the mistake…then they called to say they had worked it all out.  Isaiah would go to the fair and the other little boy would not be bumped, he wouldn’t even know what was going on *sigh of relief* , and would I please run back down to pick up the ‘correct’ card.


IMG_8986
Our new poster board….


IMG_8985
for the State Fair
IMG_8992
We headed to the State Fair bright and early Saturday morning, he was so nervous

IMG_8989
We had our own reserved parking pass and mom came up on Friday to go with us.


IMG_8993
The “deck” – all the kids waiting for their numbers to be called for judging, parents were not allowed back there.


IMG_8994
The judging tables

IMG_8997 
Roo taking it all in


IMG_9004
The girl scouts were having a talent show while we waited

IMG_9007
IMG_9009
Waiting for his turn his judging was suppose to happen between 9-10…happened around 10:45.

IMG_9010
Show time  with the judge from NASA :D


IMG_9011
IMG_9017
IMG_9019 IMG_9020 IMG_9025
Isaiah with his State Fair participation ribbon

IMG_9027 IMG_9028
City made of Lego's in the Youth Center-Roo couldn’t wait to show this to us after Isaiah was finished. 

Then we went and enjoyed the fair….

No comments: