Sunday, March 15, 2009

Soccer, Cupcakes, and Knitting


I finished up my second block in the GAAA, yeah I know I should be further along, but I find I only knit on it when we meet at the VacShak. Although when we met back in October I messed this block up ‘cause I was busy talking and didn’t work the chart right, worked it as if in the round…so I had to frog it. I got it ready to go again for the Feb. knit night and messed it up again talking, by not increasing 2sts, only 1st…so I had to frog it. However, this time when we met on Thursday, I had it up pretty far and finally have a finished block. Now do I start the 3rd block or wait till the meet up in April? : )


We had a pretty warm week until Thursday when we woke up to spitting snow. On Tuesday it was close to 70 and the kids enjoyed a game of soccer outside. They are both signed up for this spring and pretty excited. Yeah Roo loves her snow boots and isn’t ready to part with them yet, and whenever she puts on that outfit she says “ok I know it’s red but I don’t cheer for the Buckeyes, I still cheer for the Mountaineers” lol.


Roo found some cupcake papers in the cabinets and asked if we could make cupcakes and I told her after we left the school on Friday we could run out and get some mix. We bought chocolate of course and then white/vanilla mix, for Isaiah. Roo really enjoyed using the mixer and adding the items into the bowl and watching the mixer spin it together, she was also in charge of the icing. I think her favorite part though was licking the spoon when it was all over.


I thought I had more cupcake paper than what I ended up with, I think someone took some out to diddle with. So I had some mixture left over and decided to make a half and half cake. It actually worked better than I thought; I figured it would all run together.


Here it is after Roo added the icing.

The reason for having 2 different types you ask? Isaiah has given up chocolate for this time, being Baptist I’ve never really celebrated this like some religions do, we would have fasting and going without times, but it was usually for prayer for someone in need. Isaiah asked if he could since his best friend’s family was and I encouraged it. Although when I asked him do you know why, he said umm ‘cause Jackson said so. I’ve tried to talk to him about the reasons why and I know have also tried to help him understand it. So he decided to give up chocolate, now if you know Isaiah you know this isn’t going to be easy. He has also gone with no meat on Fridays but fish too; he has done really well so far and I guess you can say we have too. We have had grilled cheese and soup and this past week was fish sticks with Mac-a-cheese. : )

We also had Sadie and Lucy for awhile on Friday, I think they like my food better or something : )

Ohh and wait till you see my b-day gift from my parents; I’m sooo excited but feel bad ‘cause I feel like it was too much and what if I can’t figure it out? Ya’ll gotta wait till I have it in my hands and can post pictures. Although I forgot to ask mom if I have to wait till Easter weekend to open it, or can I open it when it comes hrmm…

I hope you all have a wonderful day of knitting!

5 comments:

_PA_FEVER_ said...

WHAT DID YOU GET..I'M EXCITED AND IT ISN'T EVEN MY BIRTHDAY PRESENT..(lol)..CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU GUYS..:)

1to1 said...

Most of the GAA blocks are for non-social times.

We don't eat much cake...but that looks yummy!!

Julie said...

sounds like you all had fun; esp in the kitchen.
I think you sould start your next square NOW!!!

dustinac said...

1to1 we don't eat much either usually we only make it for b-days. We still have cupcakes left and a lot of cake left lol.

Julie~ I did but mess it up 'cause I didn't R-E-A-D LOL

PA~nope not telling

: )

Jenny Girl said...

That block is beautiful!
Happy Belated Birthday. Sorry I missed it...or did I???
Mmmm cupcakes.