
This scarf was made for my husband who is over on WVU press box, but any team could be used. Just chart out your teams logo and have at it.
I should say that this was made a couple of years ago and I didn't take very good notes, it has not been test knitted, and was never going to be a pattern as it was my first double knit project. It was also my only double knit project, for some reason I never got back to double knitting to start my scarf (darn socks) : )
I have been asked for the pattern after it was seen on ravelry...so here goes my first attempt at Pattern writing... : )

The Fan Favorite Scarf
Yarn used: Paton's Classic Wool Merino in Navy and Old Gold (I'm thinking I used almost 2 skeins)
Gauge: 4sts per inch
Needle: Size 6
Length when finished: 60”
How to chart the floating WV/other team logo (I do still have my chart, but I have no idea on the copyright laws of this type of thing so would rather not post it till I know for sure)

You can go here to chart out any logo you would want or go to this site and print out graph paper.
Remember that each st counts as 2sts
I placed an 'x' for the outside border and a – for the inside color
If I was on Side A the x was a gold knit and the navy was purled and the – would be a Navy knitted and gold purled. On Side B it was the opposite
Notes:
When I refer to Side A this is the more Navy side, Side B has more of the gold showing
When I refer to MC that is the Navy and the CC will be the gold
When casting on do so by holding both together make sure the MC is on the right side and the CC is on the left side
When moving to a knit st or a purl st take both yarns with you, when knitting both yarns will be in the back, when purling both yarns will be in the front.
Cast on 25sts (I make a slip knot with both colors and then do a knitting-on, knitting into the gold for a gold st, and the navy for a navy st, you will have 25sts in both colors)
The first and last 3 sts will ALWAYS be knit in both colors for a garter st edge, to do this knit the blue and gold sts together with both yarns.
Side A: Knit the MC and Purl the CC
Side B: Knit the CC and Purl the MC
These 2 rows equal one row on each side complete. Repeat till you have 13 rows on each side.
Begin First stripe
Side A: Purl the MC and Knit the CC
Side B: Purl the CC and Knit the MC
Repeat till 6 rows are complete on each side
This will start the chart section, first work rows as:
Side A: Knit the MC and Purl the CC
Side B: Knit the CC and Purl the MC
Repeat till 4 Rows are completed on each side
Now it's time to start your WV chart remember my chart was worked over 17 sts so I would Knit the first 3 sts, do a color keeping with that side (MC on A and CC on B), Knit the chart across the 17sts, K1 st again keeping with that sides color, Knit the last 3 sts.
My chart went up 19 Rows
I then worked 4 more Rows as stated above
Side A: Knit MC and Purl the CC
Side B: Knit the CC and Purl the MC
Now work the second 6 row stripe
Side A: Purl MC and Knit CC
Side B: Purl CC and Knit MC
Now you are ready for the body of your scarf just repeat till desired length
Side A: Knit MC and Purl CC
Side B: Knit the CC and Purl MC
(I worked this part for about 40” )
Then I started another 6 row stripe on each side
Side A: Knit the CC and Purl the MC
Side B: Knit the MC and Purl the CC
Work 4 rows before starting the chart
Side A: Knit the MC and Purl the CC
Side B: Knit the CC and Purl the CC
Now this time on the WV chart remember to work the chart from the top to the bottom so it won't be upside down on your scarf ; )
Work 4 more rows on each side
Side A: Knit the MC and Purl the CC
Side B: Knit the CC and Purl the MC
Work another 6 row stripe on both sides
Side A: Purl the MC and Knit the CC
Side B: Purl the CC and Knit the MC
Finish off by working another 13 rows on each side
Side A: Knit the MC and Purl the CC
Side B: Knit the CC and Purl the MC
To bind off holding both strands knit the first MC and CC together, Knit the second MC and CC st together, lift the first st up and over the 2nd as you would in a normal BO.
My help for this scarf came from watching Amy's video on KH, looking over Knit Star Scarf, and Donna Kooler's encyclopedia of knitting.
Weave in ends and have fun cheering on your favorite team!
*Please remember this has not been test knitted so let me know if you have any questions or find any errors.* Also, if you make this please let me know as I would love to see it : )

4 comments:
Cool ! You write pattern !
Thank you, I hope it reads ok : )
Congrats to you for writing out a pattern. Cute scarf!
Thank you : )
Post a Comment