
I think I knit too many socks, used to be I could whip Roo out a dress or top in no time. It would fit too (well except her very first sweater I made her). Now it seems I have to do a whole lot of frogging to get one to fit her right. Two lovely balls of yarn that where once a HUGE dress that fit me as a tube top : )

We had a nice weekend, although yesterday everyone was tired from the storms that kept us up on Friday night. Once we got going we got a lot accomplished, cleaning the house, finishing the grass, trimming the hedges, weed eating, and JD ran 3.5 miles where he was caught in another rain storm. We spent the rest of the afternoon waiting for the space shuttle to launch, we would love to take the kids there to see one, before they stop launching them there.

Today was spent catching up on clothes, moving fall/spring clothes around, and enjoying the outdoors (except for the biting flies). The kids enjoyed playing freeze tag with JD, the slip-n-slide, and the pool.

As you can see here, Isaiah has decided that he doesn’t want his photo taken anymore : )

We were not the only ones that enjoyed outside today, Bella did too. She loved being with the kids and sometimes I think she thinks she is a dog. If she hears one of the kids get upset she comes a running and has to crawl up on their lap and lick them. While I was knitting on the lawn chair she was under it. If we were swinging then she was swinging. The shot above was her on the search for ground moles. : )
Here is the progress I made on the dress today…hopefully I’ll finish it by tomorrow night. The yarn I used was Plymouth Fantasy Naturale

I hope you all have a great day of knitting : )
**Update on Linda, she came through the surgery ok…once the dr got in there he had to remove the whole lung. He was hoping he wouldn’t have to as they didn’t think the other was strong enough. They were very pleased with how she did and she was even able to wake up before they thought…and get out of bed yesterday to sit down in another chair…she is even out of the ICU. Today they said could be harder on her as they will remove the 2nd breathing tube and also something with trying to keep the fluid balanced around her heart till it filled with air…they also think that this type of cancer once they get it, that is it, won’t come back, but they are still waiting on the final results of that…She will still have treatments though just in case they missed a lymph node and to be on the cautious side…Thank you all so much for your prayers!!**

3 comments:
Sounds like a great weekend!
So glad Linda came out of the surgery ok, she's been on my mind. Sounds like she's doing great and is on the road to a quick recovery.
Thank you! She was hoping to be placed in her own room and then mom was going to go visit her... : )
I love the weekend at own yard ! wish i have one too, then Jayne can have her "private" pool, and i will have the swing to knit my heart out.
Post a Comment