Thursday, April 24, 2008

Yay for April Sock : )

After frogging the Sydney sock, I began my hunt again on finding my April sock pattern. I went through all my patterns and decided on one that I thought would go with my Lisa Souza sock yarn. This yarn hasn't liked me since I got it a year ago. No matter what sock I try, I can't get gauge. It has seen a lot of frogging so is a bit splitty I find...and not really what I had imagined it would be. I tend to do this a lot, hear about a certain yarn...want to use it...finally get my hands on it and left with a uh that's all feeling. I'm not sure what I really expect, it's not like it will get up and sing to me or knit the socky itself...but I expect something more lol. Anyways, I was working away when Julie decided to remind me that I only had 8 days left in April! 8 days??? to do a sock with cables??? and crazy twists??? No way!

So I give you my April sock, it might be cheating a bit but at least I have one sock down and just one more to go. The pattern is Cookie A.'s Twinkle Toes (knitty gritty) and the yarn is some I bought a year ago with these socks in mind...Lorna's Laces Bullfrogs and Butterflies in Glenwood.
I'm using size 4 on magic loop. Pretty huh? ohhh brendajos do you remeber this? I tried to talk you into to it : P lol

April Sock

JD took today off and we had a nice day...we went to Roscoe and then I went to the VacShak...they had gotten in some new sock yarn, it was so pretty. Trekking's hand dyed, their sock yarn with bamboo and Claudia's sooo pretty and sooo soft. What did I buy? Nothing lol I'm sticking to my no more sock yarn till I cut this stash in half, but it was soo hard!!

We then enjoyed the outdoors and the kids enjoyed a water gun battle lol.

I hope you all have a great night of knitting : )

3 comments:

Dolly said...

Purty ! Very Spring-like !

What weight is this yarn? Sport, or DK?

1to1 said...

Nice sock!! You know I never had much of a stash until I started socks. The sock yarn crawl will keep me in socks for the rest of the year.

Have you heard of Yummy sock yarn? My LYS got some in last week and I haven't heard of it but boy was it pruddy...no I didn't buy any...the basket is already full.

dustinac said...

Thank you!!

dotty~ It's a worsted LOL (did I cheat?)....: )

1to1~ohh I haven't heard about that yarn before. So many out there for me to try and haven't even heard of...I gotta use my stash up faster lol : )