Thursday, January 27, 2011

Cowgirl Up!

Awhile ago Roo had decided she was getting to big for the Princesses and the Raggedy Ann’s that surrounded her room, she wanted a cowgirl room!

I kept putting it off for sentimental reasons, this had been her room décor for 7 years and 3 moves.  While putting it off , mom and I was slowly collecting items, knowing she would not let it go.

I finally decided it was time the day I walked into our bedroom and couldn’t put up with the bags of items anymore.  I went into Roo’s room and began the process of tearing it all down.  Of course I kept the items and put them in a box for her. 

raggedy anns
Saving the wall decals- a dear friend of mine that I never met in person found the Raggedy Ann decals for me.  She passed away before Roo turned 1.

packing it away
Packing away her hand made items.

166418_10150125798845831_516095830_8281804_4237990_n
When asking her what she wanted to keep up on the walls, this was basically it.

179887_10150125798975831_516095830_8281806_2700037_n
One wall with Ruthie spelled out in rope

167356_10150125799190831_516095830_8281809_1477831_n
Mom and me seen a hat done like this when I was visiting.  This time of year is hard to find a straw hat but Tractor Supply had a couple left on clearance.  I love a bargain so was happy with my find.  I then glued the red bandanna, the feathers came from Yogi, and the star “US Marshall” is an ornament mom picked up, that I glued on :D

168288_10150125799370831_516095830_8281812_2245844_n
You know me if I can work in a cardinal, I will.

179008_10150125412265831_516095830_8276366_1793456_n
168404_10150128222875831_516095830_8315478_4922609_n
A girl on a horse

165635_10150128309385831_516095830_8316619_8182793_n
Cowgirl going around a barrel


165611_10150125412040831_516095830_8276357_940490_n
Cowgirl loving her horse


163429_10150125412120831_516095830_8276358_3381508_n
164334_10150125798580831_516095830_8281802_5346549_n
165560_10150128222725831_516095830_8315476_3127606_n
IMAG0244
She keeps a picture of my Grandmother (who she shares the name Ruth with) and my Grandfather
IMAG0245

IMAG0247

IMAG0246
She keeps pictures of her “Tea Party” and Dance from last year.  The other picture frames I’m still trying to figure out what I want in them ; )

163412_10150125799480831_516095830_8281813_2604546_n
Mama is working on the curtains and bed covers and Roo is over the top about her room : D

No comments: