Saturday, September 26, 2009

Friday Night Football


On Thursday and Friday we had Grandparent's Day at the school. We went in when the kids did and decorated the tables and got it all set up.


This was my station on both days. The first day we had close to 250 people so it was pretty busy at the start, but the second day was a lot slower with 130 people.


Aunt Debbie came to be with Isaiah and Ruthie, they had a lot of fun hanging out with her. A huge thank you to Debbie for taking time out of her day to come eat a cafeteria lunch with the kids : )


On Friday we went to the H.S. game, it was our first in this area. We are the black and gold team.


Isaiah's biddy league was helping with the tunnel and the H.S. boys ran through them as well. Isaiah was so excited : )


The small cheerleaders then got to cheer a little bit with the H.S. Cheerleaders (Roo loved the bear) : )


Isaiah liked watching the big boys play and had comments on what he would do after every play.


Roo enjoyed the bands, she danced most of the time.


This local school is not really known for its great football team, better known for other things like soccer. I was still surprised by the half time score though. JD checked the score and our team never did score but at least the other school didn't rack up any more points.


We stayed till half time so Roo could watch the bands. I hate to say it but the other team's band out performed ours as well. They had flaming batons and then the last song they all danced. They had the tuba players come out front and they really got down. It reminded me of MTHS (our H.S.) when they used to do the Grapevine.


Our band did give a good go at it though


Today was a football game for Isaiah, but when we got there it started to storm. They said we wait 15 mins but if there was more lightening we were done. Roo didn't like waiting it out and wanted to go home, it was canceled which left Isaiah unhappy.


We have had a lot of rain this week which was needed, but it brought out the spiders. I'm not a spider person at all for some reason they make me stop, freeze up, and I can't move again till they are killed. Thankfully, I have JD and Isaiah who take care of them for me. This week I walked out to find this on the window and Isaiah said "mommy, I'm not getting that one for you. Gotta wait for dad" so I waited. We didn't get in till late from Football and by then it was to late for JD to see it. So on Friday he got up and said he would need spray since it was on the screen and would take care of it when he got home. I couldn't wait that long it had me to afraid to walk out my front door, so in stepped Isaiah and he sprayed it for me...took a long time for it to die though. *shiver*

2 comments:

Dolly said...

There's just something special about the sound of a highschool band ! Way to go, Roo, you'll love it all of your life ! It gets deep into your soul.......we can hear the band and the ball game sounds from our house on Friday nights, and that band always stirs something up in me.

Awwwwww.......what's a little ol' spider gonna go? Hee! I remember your reaction to the one I posted a photo of before !

dustinac said...

LOL yeah I'm just not into spiders lol...Roo keeps asking when the next big game is with the band. I might see if there is a band competition she would love that! : )