
Last night Isaiah was invited to Graham's birthday party at the local bowling alley. Almost his whole class was there and they were not tired from their first day of summer vacation either, they were all hyped up.

They played a game of bowling, had some pizza, sang a different version of "Happy Birthday", had cake, and watched him open up some gifts. All in all they had a wonderful time and were sad to see it come to the end...although I think the parents were ready. It was very loud in there...when we pulled up I seen all the parents leaving but Isaiah informed me that I needed to stay. I told him I would and took my knitting in, in case I needed something for my hands to do. The kids didn't give me a chance to even think about the knitting that sat by my chair lol.
Thank you Kim for having Isaiah come and having the nerves of steel to hold a birthday party by yourself and hubby... for a bunch of hyped up 2nd graders. My hats off to you lol, I came home and told JD no way could I do that.

Roo stayed home with daddy and when I pulled up last night they were on the look out for deer.

Today was such a beautiful day that all I wanted to do was sit outside and enjoy the sun. Of course this morning we had to check off a few things on our list inside the house...but as soon as we were done I was outside.

We decided to fire up the grill around 3 and we fixed Ribs this time...along with all the other fixin' we had last time. It was our first attempt at Ribs and I think we did pretty good, next time we are going to marinate the ribs for a bit first.

Here is where I spent most of the afternoon just knitting away. Except for the times I was answering the typical "oh Mom questions" or refereeing the typical fight. : )

I also finished up Kallie's birthday gift, just gotta felt it. I found out after I started that she really likes hot pink and black together. My craziness wasn't sure about just having black at the top, I need things in certain orders, but I didn't want to frog it all out to put in a black bottom. JD assured me that it would be ok with a black top only...

This year I decided to give in and buy a yearbook for Isaiah, he hasn't been without it...just flipping through all the pages. This is how he enjoyed his afternoon today : )

Roo enjoyed her afternoon by diddling around...she has been kinda grumpy today so I'm feeling an early bed time tonight : )
Gideon has been getting into everything the past couple of days. He has become my worst child and seems to be doing stuff he knows he shouldn't just to get me annoyed. Like getting on my counters that is a big no-no and he knows this but he is doing it...thumping Bella's head if she moves is another big no-no but he won't give her any peace right now.

Then it happened, he decided to get up on my old Victrola that has a tart burner on it, now he NEVER gets up there and I've had those burners longer than I've had him...I came out of the bathroom and there he sat. I knew he had to have his fur in it but with his long fur it just hadn't reached skin...I got him down gently and then stood there holding his hair out till it dried, trying to wipe some out.

He has spent the last two days plucking his hair from his side or me cutting it from his side. I think we finally got it all out, of course he is pouting at me though lol.
Hopefully tomorrow will be just as nice and we can do it all over again without the loss of cat hair : )
Hope you all have a great day of knitting : )

5 comments:
Wow, that is a beautiful shot of Roo !
Poor kitty......mine stayed out all night again, and I thought........oh no ! Not again !
But she was meowing at the door when I got up and all was well.
another great outdoor knitting place...oooo so good !
the kids sure had fun in this summer.
We got the kids yearbooks and its fun for us to actually see who they are talking about now. My kids went from catholic to public schools. Plus its also interesting to read what kids write in the books. 8 )
Hello, love the picture of Roo. Isaiah looks so grown up sitting there. They are getting too big. We need to put books on their heads and say slow down. Looks like you had a great day for knitting. Love you guys, Mom
Thanks you guys!
Dotty~Glad she was waiting for ya in the morning : )
Jackie~They are having a blast : )
1to1~Yeah at this age they just sign their names LOL
Mom~Can't wait to see ya tomorrow : )
Post a Comment